LONDON, July 12, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “United Kingdom (UK) Living Room Furniture Market to 2025” report offered by GlobalData Plc provides an overview of the performance of key players in the living room furniture market, their customer demographics, and why consumers choose to shop with them. The report also helps customers discover the best-performing channels within the market. Moreover, it sheds light on consumer shopping behavior and sentiment.
The UK living room furniture market size was £3.9 billion in 2020. The market is expected to grow by more than 25% from 2020 to 2025. Online has become one of the most important drivers of retailer choice during the pandemic for living room furniture shoppers. It sits only behind the most important driver, product range. This trend is unlikely to completely drop off after COVID as consumers are now used to the advantages of online shopping and are comfortable using the platform. Respondents of a survey have agreed that it was easier to browse for living room furniture online than instore, and more enjoyable too.
- As a result of material shortages and container disruptions, many furniture orders could not be recognized in 2020, bringing down the overall market.
- Online pureplays were winners in 2020 as consumers became more confident purchasing furniture via the online channel.
- Quality is the priority over style and price for living room furniture shoppers, suggesting that this should be a focus when advertising products.
- The online capabilities of retailers are more considered as consumers shop more online for living room furniture.
Leading Retailers in the UK Living Room Furniture Market
- Furniture Village
- Oak Furniture Land
DFS remained the market leader in living room furniture in 2020, with its share more than double that of IKEA in second place. Its top-of-mind awareness for upholstery and extended range architecture has enabled it to outperform the market in 2020.
UK Living Room Furniture Market Share, by Leading Retailers
UK Living Room Furniture Market Segment Analysis by Category
- Armchairs and Settees
- Modular Seating
- Pouffes and Footstools
- Storage (Irrespective of Room)
UK Living Room Furniture Market Share, by Category
Download a sample report for detailed category insights on the UK Living Room Furniture Market
UK Living Room Furniture Market Segment Analysis by Distribution Channels
- Home furniture & floorcoverings specialists
- Remote retailers
- Clothing specialists
- Variety stores & general merchandisers
- Department stores
- Homewares specialists
UK Living Room Furniture Market Share, by Distribution Channel
Download a sample report for detailed distribution channel insights
Reasons to Buy
- Discover what will drive growth in the living room furniture market out to 2025 to help form an effective growth strategy and target investment to high-performance categories
- Understand the performance of key players in the market, their customer demographics, and why consumers choose to shop with them.
- Discover the best performing channels within living room furniture out to 2025.
- Understand how consumer shopping behavior and sentiment has changed amid the pandemic.
- United Kingdom (UK) Easter 2022 – Analyzing Market, Trends, Consumer Attitudes, and Major Players – Click here
- Americanas, Brazil (Food and Grocery) Shoppers Profile, Market Share, and Competitive Positioning – Click here
- Retail Industry Mergers and Acquisitions Deals by Top Themes in Q1 2022 – Thematic Research – Click here
- Aldi, Germany (Food and Grocery) Shoppers Profile, Market Share, and Competitive Positioning – Click here
- Conad, Italy (Food and Grocery) Shoppers Profile, Market Share, and Competitive Positioning – Click here
UK Living Room Furniture Market Overview
|Market Size 2020||£3.9 billion|
|Growth Rate (2020-2025)||>25%|
|Key Categories||Armchairs and Settees, Suites, Modular Seating, Sofabeds, Pouffes and Footstools, Table, Seating, and Storage (Irrespective of Room)|
|Key Distribution Channels||Home Furniture & Floorcoverings Specialists, Remote Retailers, Independents, Clothing Specialists, Variety Stores & General Merchandisers, Department Stores, Homewares Specialists, and Others|
|Leading Retailers||DFS, IKEA, ScS, Next, Sofology, Furniture Village, Oak Furniture Land, Argos, Wayfair, and Made.com|
What was the UK living room furniture market size in 2020?
The living room furniture market size in the UK was valued at £3.9 billion in 2020.
What is the UK living room furniture market growth rate?
The living room furniture market in the UK is expected to grow by more than 25% from 2020 to 2025.
Which are the key categories in the UK living room furniture market?
The key categories in the UK living room furniture market are armchairs and settees, suites, modular seating, sofabeds, pouffes and footstools, table, seating, and storage (irrespective of room).
Which are the key distribution channels in the UK living room furniture market?
The key distribution channels in the UK living room furniture market are home furniture & floorcoverings specialists, remote retailers, independents, clothing specialists, variety stores & general merchandisers, department stores, homewares specialists, and others.
Which are the leading retailers in the UK living room furniture market?
The leading retailers in the UK living room furniture market are DFS, IKEA, ScS, Next, Sofology, Furniture Village, Oak Furniture Land, Argos, Wayfair, and Made.com.
Table of Contents
Difficulties in fulfilling orders at the end of 2020 impacted growth
DFS remains comfortably top but the pureplays were 2020’s big winners
Consumers favour quality over style
Retailers increasingly judged on online capabilities
Overall sector size and growth
Sector size and growth: armchairs & settees
Sector size and growth: suites
Sector size and growth: modular seating
Sector size and growth: sofabeds
Sector size and growth: poufees & footstools
Sector size and growth: other living room seating
Sector size and growth: table
Sector size and growth: storage (irrespective of room)
Category growth & size: 2020-2022
Online sales penetration
Channels of distribution
Retailer market shares
Penetration by product
Opinions on living room furniture
Average spend by product subcategory
Retailer usage by demographic
Drivers of retailer choice
Things retailers should improve on
Channel usage for browsing
Store type usage for browsing
Device usage for browsing
Channel usage for purchasing
Store type usage for purchasing
Device usage for purchasing
Opinions on online purchasing
Online purchasing satisfaction
Views prior to purchase
COVID-19 CONSUMER RESEARCH
Overall penetration, by subcategory and by product
Drivers of retailer usage
Online shopping satisfaction
Opinions on COVID-19 and Living Room Furniture
Channel usage when purchasing
Reasons for avoiding stores
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision makers to predict and navigate the future. This is why GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on GlobalData for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.
+44 (0)207 936 6400