2022 Berkeley County Youth Reasonable to be heldMARTINSBURG — The 75th Once-a-year Berkeley County Youth Truthful is “Celebrating 75 Years of Timeless Traditions.” The Overlook Youth Good contest is scheduled for July 30, with the contest at 7 p.m. For a lot more information on the 2022 Berkeley County Youth Good, go to: https://berkeleycountyyouthfair.org/.
9th yearly Tomato Fest, Saturday Aug. 13KEARNEYSVILLE — Tomato Fest will be held Saturday, Aug. 13 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the WVU Kearneysville Tree Fruit Middle situated at 67 Apple Harvest Lane, Kearneysville, rain or shine. Taste and vote for your favourite tomato.
Tomato Fest also functions cooking demonstrations by Chef Miriam, Angela Faulkner the Tomato Guru, a bake sale, food stuff concessions and tomato treats, in addition, exhibits and actions for youngsters. Tomato Fest is introduced to you by the Berkeley-Jefferson Extension Learn Gardeners. For more details, check out https://extension.wvu.edu/berkeley/information/2019/07/15/tomato-fest.
Check out local farm marketsAs spring turns into summer season, regionally grown produce is becoming a lot more and additional offered. Check out the individual farm markets to see what is available (in time) domestically.
Look at out Berkeley County farm markets: Kitchen’s Farm Current market in Falling Waters (https://www.kitchensfarmmarket.com), Orr’s Farm Market in Martinsburg (orrsfarmmarket.com) and Spring Valley Farm Sector in Martinsburg (fb.com/SpringValleyFarmMarketMartinsburg) (1793 Dry Run Highway in Martinsburg) and Taylor’s Farm Sector in Inwood (https://www.taylorfarmsmarket.com).
Eastern Panhandle Conservation District Slide Pasture WorkshopHEDGESVILLE — The Jap Panhandle Conservation District Tumble Pasture Workshop will be held 9 a.m.-midday on Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022, at 250 Antram Farm Rd., Hedgesville.
This will be an outdoor workshop. The stations will be established up within just walking length of just about every other with a tent and minimal chairs set up. Truly feel totally free to deliver a chair with you for the stations. Snacks and h2o will be readily available at each station and a portable bathroom will be on internet site as well.
• Stockpiling and Grazing Management — Matt Booher- VT Unit Coordinator Extension Agent, Agriculture and Normal Methods Crop and Soil Sciences
• Extending Grazing time — Ben Goff- WVU Extension Agent, Agriculture and Purely natural Methods
• Nutrient Management Organizing, WV Section of Agriculture
Registration deadline is Sept. 1, 2022. Confined to 75 members.
To sign-up either phone Amy Henry at office: 681-247-3014, mobile: 304-545-1105 or e mail at [email protected].
Essential Impending Dates
• July 30- Aug. 6, 2022 — 75th Berkeley County Youth Fair
• Aug. 9–11, 2022 — Penn Condition Ag. Development Days
• Aug. 13–16, 2022 — 80th once-a-year West Virginia Dairy Show
• Aug. 11–20, 2022 — West Virginia Condition Fair
• Aug. 21–27, 2022 — Jefferson County Reasonable
Backyard recommendations• For the largest bouquets, take out side shoots from main stem.
• Harvest summer time squash when young and tender.
• Seed collards and kale for tumble.
• Really do not enable weeds go to seed.
• Plant cauliflower.
• Plant slide broccoli and Swiss chard.
• Seed fall cucumbers.
• H2o youthful trees and shrubs in the course of dry periods.
• Plant peppers for slide crop.