June WV Woodland Stewards seminar set for June 28The June WV Woodland Stewards Seminar will be held on June 28, from 6- 8:30 p.m. See connected in depth agenda or down below.
At this seminar, speakers will deal with:
• Biochar manufacturing and applications
• Seasonal plant and animal activity
• ARBUP with forest measurement tools
To register, go to: https://wvu.zoom.us/assembly/register/tJIqdOqrqD8jEtTRvN2yjUKcM4GmPOyq6fmz
Apps are now obtainable for the 2022 Tumble Extension Grasp GardenerMARTINSBURG — Apply nowadays to become an Extension Master Gardener. Call 304-264-1936 for an software or additional data or go to the group’s internet site at https://extension.wvu.edu/berkeley/ag-normal-assets/grasp-gardeners.
WVU Cider FacultyMARTINSBURG — Contemplate becoming a member of WVUES for the future Cider University, having area about the next a number of months. This has been scheduled as a “lunch-and-learn” fashion instructional prospect. Pre-registration is essential for these absolutely free gatherings here, https://little bit.ly/3wEYXMB.
• June 23 — Cidery Tour 2 at Swilled Puppy Really hard Cider & Spirits, 1-4 p.m.
• June 29 — WV Cider Advisory Board Assembly, midday-1 p.m.
• July 13 — Session 5: Cider Sector Economic Feasibility, Promoting Alternatives, and Lawful Concerns presented by Doolarie Singh-Knights, Jesse Richardson, and Lisa Jones, midday-2 p.m.
Farm diversification workshops offeredMARTINSBURG — WVU Extension in Berkeley and Jefferson counties is giving on-farm workshops in the locations of rabbit output, poultry processing and compact ruminant generation. Only a person workshop stays.
The workshops are built probable by a USDA Farm Company Company (FSA) Pandemic Guidance for Producers Initiative grant, enabling the means to supply materials to the very first 20 farms/family members that utilize in get to start or increase enterprises.
The dates and matter places are as follows:
• Receiving started out with smaller ruminants — July 7 at 6 p.m. and will go over small ruminant diet, breeding and herd wellbeing and be held at Rawlings Farm, Summit Issue.
To sign-up, take a look at www.rebrand.ly/FarmWorkshops.
For extra information and facts, speak to Emily Morrow, Jefferson County Extension agent, at 304-728-7413, e-mail [email protected] or Mary Beth Bennett, Berkeley County Extension agent, at 304-264-1936 or [email protected]
Learn Gardener schooling application accepting programsMARTINSBURG — Purposes are now readily available for the 2022 Tumble Extension Master Gardener lessons that will start off Aug. 15. Deadline to sign up is July 1.
For additional info on the Master Gardener Software, go to: https://extension.wvu.edu/files/d/bdf70fa9-f174-4e76-b7e2-d00f8c0dd49b/berkeley-jefferson-emg-brochure-2019.pdf.
Extension providing cattle and equine plansMARTINSBURG — This month, Virginia Cooperative Extension is presenting 3 trainings to assistance strategy and create cattle herd. Right now, join the arms-on workshop for producers taking into consideration synthetic insemination as a suggests to enhance their herd. Join at the Virginia Tech MARE Center. Sign up is at bit.ly/VCEBeef22. The Northern Valley Extension staff has joined forces with the Northern Piedmont Extension workforce to present these courses.
Description of workshops:
• Currently: early morning and night course. Assisted Replica Workshop. A arms-on workshop for producers considering synthetic insemination as a usually means to strengthen their herd. This software involves functioning with cattle reproduction tracts and observing the insemination of heifers.
They are also presenting an Equine Nutrition Lecture Collection: Biomolecules and Your Horse’s Wellbeing:
Health supplements: Tuesday, June 21 at 6:30 p.m. (Digital)
Equine Feed Labels: Tuesday, July 26 at 6:30 p.m. (Virtual)
Equine Existence Phases: Wednesday, Aug. 24 at 6:30 p.m. (Virtual)
Use the website link https://little bit.ly/VCE220428 #VaCoopExt to sign up for any of the next Zoom equine courses.
2022 Berkeley County Youth Good to be heldMARTINSBURG — The 75th Annual Berkeley County Youth Fair is “Celebrating 75 Yrs of Timeless Traditions.” The Miss Youth Truthful contest is scheduled for July 30, with the contest at 7 p.m. For additional details on the 2022 Berkeley County Youth Honest, go to: https://berkeleycountyyouthfair.org/.
Applications for 2022 Overlook Berkeley County Youth Fair are now becoming recognized. Note that the software need to be U.S. Mail postmarked on or ahead of July 1. For a lot more information and facts, go to https://berkeleycountyyouthfair.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/2022-Overlook-Berkeley-Youth-Honest-Queen-Application.pdf. There is a fillable PDF software available at the web-site and get in touch with information should anyone have queries.
Take a look at regional farm marketsAs spring turns into summer, regionally developed make is getting to be far more and additional obtainable. Look at out the personal farm marketplaces to see what is readily available (in year) locally. Verify out Berkeley County Farm Marketplaces: Kitchen’s Farm Market in Falling Waters (https://www.kitchensfarmmarket.com), Orr’s Farm Sector in Martinsburg (orrsfarmmarket.com), Spring Valley Farm Sector in Martinsburg (facebook.com/SpringValleyFarmMarketMartinsburg), Spring Valley Farm marketplace is located at the former Butler Farm Market at 1793 Dry Run Rd, Martinsburg and Taylor’s Farm Market place in Inwood (https://www.taylorfarmsmarket.com).
Essential Approaching Dates
• July 30- Aug. 6, 2022 – 75th Berkeley County Youth Fair
• Aug. 13–16, 2022 — 80th once-a-year West Virginia Dairy Show
• Aug. 11–20, 2022 — West Virginia Point out Honest
• Aug. 21–27, 2022 — Jefferson County Good
Backyard garden tips• Renovate (e.g., leaf elimination, fertilize, and many others.) strawberries right after last harvest.
• Pinch back backyard garden mums.
• Seed dill
• Treat lawn for white grubs using systemic insecticide.
• Seed pole limas and snap beans.
• Prune pine trees.
• Conclude asparagus harvest.
• Seed or transplant savory.
• Harvest beet greens.
• Seed peppers.
• Rejoice West Virginia Day on June 20.
• Summer months starts June 20.